The weather station, its equipment, workings, technology and everything associated is in continuous development.
This log documents changes and updates. Older updates can be found here and here.
Thursday 18 July 2019
- ‘Photos’ page updated with new webcam/UV sensor photo.
- ‘Technical’ page updated with new ‘journey of data’ diagram to reflect the use of the UV sensor.
Thursday 27 June 2019
- Tides were not updating. Corrected.
Saturday 22 June 2019
- A few more tweaks over the last few days to finish off the server. Now complete.
Thursday 13 June 2019
- Full server update etc. A few things still need tweaking but mostly done. Various restarts etc over the last few days.
- Updated Weather Display to version 10.37S build 98.
Friday 07 June 2019
- Down time last night and today. I’ve had to reset Windows again to install the latest build. All done but will take time to set-up and get all services going again. Hopefully will be complete by Sunday.
Wednesday 05 June 2019
- A restart last night and today to install updates.
- This page was getting too large so have split it into a second ‘old updates’ page.
- Trying to install the latest Windows build and it’s failing again. Server crashed and restarted. Data wasn’t uploaded for some of this afternoon.
Wednesday 22 May 2019
- Webcam software crashed. Restarted.
- Twitter feed stopped working. Corrected.
Thursday 09 May 2019
- Webcam software crashed. Restarted.
Saturday 04 May 2019
- Data wasn’t updated for some of today. Windows Update got in the way and needing confirmation after the daily restart.
Thursday 02 May 2019
- Webcam software crashed. Sorting it crashed the server so data wasn’t uploaded for most of the afternoon. Corrected via some tweaks and restarts.
Monday 22 April 2019
- Two server restarts to install updates.
Thursday 11 April 2019
- Webcam software crashed after the daily restart earlier. Sorted.
Tuesday 09 April 2019
- The server is working as it should as of a week or so back. Final checks today. No more action required.
Friday 22 March 2019
- Many restarts and tweaks to the server today and yesterday.
- ‘Weather Warnings’ page updated to include all UK (and existing South West) warnings (via RSS feeds). The old Met Office Weather Widget has been removed as it has been discontinued.
Tuesday 19 March 2019
- ‘WeatherBug’ page removed as the service has been discontinued.
- A few more tweaks and a restart yesterday.
Saturday 16 March 2019
- Various tweaks and restarts over the last day or so. Almost there.
- Updated Weather Display to version 10.37S build 93.
- Talking Weather service tweaked to be more concise and rain changed to millimetres. The associated page on this site has had minor changes too.
Wednesday 13 March 2019
- Server has finally been updated to the latest version of Windows 10. I had to reset it and start again. Downtime last night and some of today. It will take a while for all services to be reinstalled and tested etc.
Thursday 07 March 2019
- Server was down yesterday afternoon after debugging/a crash.
- Some downtime today into Friday morning and a restart today for debugging.
Monday 04 March 2019
- Various restarts a few nights ago for troubleshooting.
- A restart today to enable a debugging mode.
- The server was offline most of yesterday for testing.
- Updated Weather Display to version 10.37S build 92.
Wednesday 27 February 2019
- Data wasn’t uploaded for some of this morning. Errors again. Working on a fix to get these updates installed.
Tuesday 26 February 2019
- Data wasn’t uploaded for some of this morning and yesterday morning. Restarting Weather Display fixed it.
- Some downtime this afternoon whilst trying to sort Windows updates. Back on now.
Saturday 23 February 2019
- Data wasn’t uploaded for some of this morning. Restarting Weather Display fixed it.
Friday 22 February 2019
- A server restart after playing around with Windows updates issues.
- Data wasn’t uploaded this morning due to said update issues.
Monday 18 February 2019
- Some server restarts - still trying to sort Windows updates.
Tuesday 12 February 2019
- All software on the server updated. Still needs some tweaks. Windows updates still failing.
- Updated Weather Display to version 10.37S build 90.
Tuesday 05 February 2019
- Windows updates still playing up. Several server restarts.
Thursday 31 January 2019
- Windows updates are failing and this has been causing problems (this is related to the previous entry). Looking into.
Tuesday 29 January 2019
- Weather data hasn’t been uploaded since this morning. Not sure what the issue is but will fix soon.
Monday 21 January 2019
- The Weather Display settings/data file corrupted so new data was not uploaded for some of today. Recovered and working as normal now.
Saturday 19 January 2019
- Server restarted a few times to test several things.
Older updates from 2014 - 2018 can be found here.
Older updates from 2010 - 2013 can be found here.
Back to top